BullSh** Spiews from my new (old) video card....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATIRAGEPRO

Daemon Poster
I just ordered a new $15.00 AGP 2x vid card to replace my old "ALL-IN-WONDER PRO PCI" with some 64bit ATi Rage PRO Chipset, with my new "Magnum Xpert 2000 with the ATi Rage 128 chipset, and 16mb of VRAM. (My old card only had four megabytes) So here's the situation:

My main reason for the upgrade is because my old card was not only SLooW, but it was also made with the most F**ked up texture compression on Gods Green earth!!

I can't post any pics yet, but my point is that the new card handles textures much better than the old one, but it still moves at the exact same framerates as my old card. ... Big problem...

I really need this thing to go faster than this! If it helps, here's my system specs:

MBoard: FIC VA-503+ (Plus) w- VIA Apollo MVP chipset
CPU: AMD k6-2 266mhz OC'd to - 366mhz MMX enhanced (MMX2) Processor
RAM: 106.055mb (64mb samsung PC100 SDRAM + 40mb kensington SIMM EDO RAM)
HD's: Maxtor 6.8gb IDE + Western Digital Caviar 6000 1.68gb IDE
Sound: ASOUND GOLD 3D PnP Plus Sound System

... Help a brother out... :( :cool:

First, I'd be serously looking into saving up for a new PC. I'm not flaming you or anything, or trying to be disrespectful. Its commendable that you've kept an old PC like that for as long without going crazy. :D

What games are you trying to play on that machine?

Buy a new machine. I could build one for you with a DVD burner for about 320 on new egg.

Or check dell's website. they are selling machines with crt's for 329. I think it was a p4 2.6 256mb ram 40g hard drive

Try TNT2. I have a Guillemot Cougar Video Edition Nvidia Riva TNT2 M64 Pro with 32MB of RAM. It runs nice. Maybe it's faster than those ATI's and it has lots of stuff like the ALL-In-WONDER has. S-vid and stuff.
You could also try a 16MB TNT2, like the one in my MMX.
My 16M card has 100/100 clock speeds. I don't know about the 32M card.

"Popping Bills..."

beedubaya said:
First, I'd be serously looking into saving up for a new PC. I'm not flaming you or anything, or trying to be disrespectful. Its commendable that you've kept an old PC like that for as long without going crazy. :D

What games are you trying to play on that machine?
You're right... :( I can't take this anymore. i was thinking of getting an eMachine with a celeron 1.80ghz, but my mom has the same one... It's slower than mine... :rolleyes:
Here's the games i play:

Rouge Spear: -Black Thorn-
Quake III
Need For Speed III: Hot persuit
-Playstation Games-

Shure i need a system worthy of my gaming skiiiillzz... But i don't want to give up on this thing. Besides, i can't affort to get a new comp anyway. :( Do you think it has something to do with my CPU? ...... ...... I hate my life.... :angry: :wooha: :cool:

How can a 1.8GHz Celeron possibly be slower than a 366 K6-2? It must be loaded with spyware. You should try to get a job :(

"Spike TNT2..."

TheMajor said:
Try TNT2. I have a Guillemot Cougar Video Edition Nvidia Riva TNT2 M64 Pro with 32MB of RAM. It runs nice. Maybe it's faster than those ATI's and it has lots of stuff like the ALL-In-WONDER has. S-vid and stuff.
You could also try a 16MB TNT2, like the one in my MMX.
My 16M card has 100/100 clock speeds. I don't know about the 32M card.
That's cool, but my Moboard has compatabilitivity issues with those vary cards... :confused: The card i have now is about 240/150 Clock speeds coming out of it. Do you think i should OverC**t -I- mean "Clock" my vid card? :confused: :confused: :( :cool:

That's pretty fast speeds. When I overclocked my 16M card from 100/100 to 120/120 I didn't notice any difference. But your CPU runs faster so you might see a difference.

"I handle'z my Biiizz..."

TheMajor said:
How can a 1.8GHz Celeron possibly be slower than a 366 K6-2? It must be loaded with spyware. You should try to get a job :(
I have a job. :( Also a business... I get paid for helping make my momz website... But i must pay RENT with this money.. :( It's all good though... Besides the Vid card, my comp is pretty F**king fast!!! :wooha: That's why i figured something was wrong with the card it's self, or the ram or something... :confused: :cool:

"Easy Back Dough access..."

After screwing around with the new (OLD) Magnum Xpert 2000, I am almost 100% certain that it's a Heating problem. I saw sh*tloads of artafacting (Or whatever) going on with it... When i tried to touch the part where the heat spreader is for the GPU, i nearly burnt my fingerprints off!! :mad:
Now i need some realy inexpensive heat spreaders for both the VRAM and the GPU... Then try to figure out how I'm going to fit all of that on my pewny little card. :confused:

Suggestions? :( :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom