Fastest Computer ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
There u go, "they should be coming to a store near you". :)

And I don't see any reason to overclock this beast man. Why!! :eek:.. Damn.. Our best overclock attempts in our systems will probably not match this :-\. I'd rather have 4GB of memory than 1GB of overclocked memory.. Less hits to the HDD if u are running many many programs :)

Yeah I forgot about the sound. Heck u could have a home theatre speaker system in ur gaming room :).. maybe not.... lol.

horndude said:
try again, dual core AMD hit pricewatch already, so far NO INTEL LISTED though

$4122 for a 875 series opteron w/mobo

Yeah exactly opertons, not what he should be getting.

these are all very good replies thanks for the input...

as to what i would do with this computer... everything
i do 3d graphics, some games ie half life 2 and other popular fps

also this budget would be for simply the tower.

one thing i would like to do alot faster is a goofy little fun program called "framsticks". it simulates evolution using a basic 3d eviorment and the criteria that you decide; it is one of the most interesting programs i have ever used. currently i am running it at about 20000 steps per second which is pretty fast but would like to increase it by 10 fold. i am running a beefy laptop for this... a dell xps 3.4 ghz intel with 1 gig ram ata 133 hd 256 ati radeon pro..

check out "framsticks" (<-- it is shareware) and hit me back
http://www.frams.alife.pl/

DJ-CHRIS said:
Yeah exactly opertons, not what he should be getting.

Depends on what he uses it for man.. He did say "fastest". Super computers made of AMD processors use Opterons.. :)

EDIT: well. I guess now we know what he's gonna use it for. :)

fx-55
dfi ultra sli
1 gig corsair xpert xms i think its called
lian li case with koolance water cooling system i.e. www.xoxide.com has one
dual 512m 6800 ultra's eVGA
soundblaster audigy zs 2 platinum correct me if i wrote this out wrong
7.1 surround sound system
30 inch lcd display
round cables
dual dvd-rw drives
dula 74 gig raptors in raid
dual 500 gig ibm deskstars in raid
and ya thats about all i can think off

eww at the deathstars.

How much storage do you need, it's pointless to have a terabyte if your a gamer, raided raptors will do ya just fine.

aspire.comptech said:
fx-55
dfi ultra sli
1 gig corsair xpert xms i think its called
lian li case with koolance water cooling system i.e. www.xoxide.com has one
dual 512m 6800 ultra's eVGA
soundblaster audigy zs 2 platinum correct me if i wrote this out wrong
7.1 surround sound system
30 inch lcd display
round cables
dual dvd-rw drives
dula 74 gig raptors in raid
dual 500 gig ibm deskstars in raid
and ya thats about all i can think off

newb................

first, the venice are gonna come out soon, so he should just wait for that

second, why the hell are you suggesting xprt ram...the guys wants the best ram for the money, which would be g skill LA's (512x2), and the xpert can't even reach the speeds the gskill LD's (similar priced) can

second, 512mb doesn't help shit, since games don't even use up to 256mb yet; it's just a waste of money @ $1000 each; he should just go with 6800gt's (better mem timings), since ultra's are only better with phase change cooling etc.

however, ultra's do have an extra molex connector

also, the sound blaster audigy zs 2 plat. sucks, in fact, most cards, if not all, from creative sucks

the m-audio series are much better

and the monitor and speakers are his choice (imo 7.1 speakers suck, floor standing ones are much better; but for the computer, the z-5500 would do)

also, koolance cooling sucks, it's no better than a fan; a custom system or something like a prometia would be much better

Z-5500s pwn, they are some of the best speakers around. As for getting dual 512mb ultras, it would be a waste cuz the reality is the tech will be obsolete in a couple of years. go with dual 6800 GTs. Also, Patriot RAM is great for OCing. Ive never used G. Skill so i cant vouch for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom