Fastest Computer ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDStidham

Solid State Member
Hey everyone i was just wondering what everyone has and recommends as for building the fastes possible PC for under 5000 dollars???

What is the best MoBo out there?

who has overclocked their chips to what?

Okay for 5K USD this is what you should base it on

2x of the PC4400 G. Skill 512 meg sticks with samsung TCCD
2x eVGA 6800Ultra
1x DFI Lanparty Nforce4 SLI-DR
1x FX-55*
Note: a 4000+ venice could OC higher than an FX-55 and the new dual core AMD's in june will OC higher

That's the base, stick it in a nice case with nice cooling with a nice power supply. Barely anyone will disagree with me on that

AMD fx55
DFI lanparty sli-dr (I think that is the top one)
2gb's of gskill ram with Samsung tccd in dual channel
2 6800 ultra's (the ones that have 512, just for ultimate bit.
Antec 550 truepower
2 X 74gb raptors - raid 0 - sata
2 X 400gb in raid 0 - sata
2X 400 gb in raid 0 - pata
1x 2 terabyte's lacie thibngs for even more storage
Custom water cooling with its various ultimate parts.
cd-rw
dvd-rw

That shouold cut it finely on the budget.

Depends on what you mean by fastest, fastest at what?As usual we have the usual wintendo machines above,and there's nothing wrong with that,cept in some applications they will get beat, especially if you take long term reliability into account as the above mentioned systems are overclocking setups.

What would you do with this "fastest" setup?

In his case he can get something that can be:

-fastest processing
-fastest and largest memory
-fastest HDD speeds
-best reliability
-best for gaming
-best monitor
-best for multithreading
-safest computing environment (best firewalls h/w, s/w, etc.)

etc. etc. So where does that leave us? :)

Dual core multi processors and a SLI configuration with RAID 0+1 array with the best HDDs, with a 23" LCD monitor, with a cool h/w firewall router, 4 GB of the best RAM...

Damn.. I want $5000.

dual core are not out yet cept for intel, and they kinda suck in single threaded crap which is what we use 99% of the time

No need for 2 gigs either, less OC'ing potential with 2, it does worse since mobo's want 2t instead of 1t for 4 sticks.

And 1 gig sticks are not OC'ing as well as the 512's from what I have heard

One thing that might be wise to decide now is whether your going for an AMD or Intel CPU, as well as whether to get an NVIDIA or an ATI graphics card...

As you can see from past debates (often flamewars), opinions on what is best for what do differ, and you'll get different advice from different people.

But either way, a budget of 5000 is huge and should pretty much garantee you very high-end desktop hardware. I might also advise putting aside some of that for a huge LCD display, and good speakers, possibly surround, with a subwoofer. Especially if you're going to use this for gaming or video/graphics work.

DJ-CHRIS said:
dual core are not out yet cept for intel, and they kinda suck in single threaded crap which is what we use 99% of the time

No need for 2 gigs either, less OC'ing potential with 2, it does worse since mobo's want 2t instead of 1t for 4 sticks.

And 1 gig sticks are not OC'ing as well as the 512's from what I have heard

try again, dual core AMD hit pricewatch already, so far NO INTEL LISTED though

$4122 for a 875 series opteron w/mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom