Temporary Watercooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charbo

In Runtime
hey i was wondering about a temporary wc kit such as the thermaltake bigwater http://thermaltake.com/watercooling/cl-w0005bigwater/cl-w0005.htm .
i just need something for now for a few months or so and i dont mind paying a bit but what i was wondering, was intead of going to the cpu with the big water, would i be able to amply cool my 2 gpu's instead or in adition? i am going to frys tongith and i just need something for now this is not permanent, and when i get my permanent watercooling i will be selling this one to my friend so would this kit work to cool 2 video cards instead of 1 cpu? also the reason i like this kit is cause my new case (thermaltake shark) has places for all the components of it and i like that since this IS just temp. the only other wc kit i know for a fact they have at my frys is the zalman resorator (sp?) so which one would be better i hope the bigwater it is cheaper;)

also please dont reply to this about how crappy kits are i know but it is just temporary:)

I know you said not to reply about how crappy the kits are, but yeah...

Buying the Bigwater for GPU purposes, especially if it's only temporary, is a lot more hassle and you'll end up spending a lot more on the price tag than what you may think.

The Bigwater is made for CPU cooling, it only includes a CPU block therefore you'd have to buy the GPU blocks seperately. Add the $150 pricetag of the BW to the cost of two MAZE4s at $80 (do not go with TT blocks) and you've bumped the price up to close to 250 bucks, you have a useless CPU block, and you have pump that will struggle to provide good flow through your blocks.

In addition, you'll either be getting 3/8" or 1/2" fittings for the blocks, assuming you'll be transfering them over to your "permanent" loop. This means you'll have to do a bit of fitting adjusting on different components to get everything to fit nicely.

For about 250 bucks, you can get a D4 Pump, GPU blocks, rad, and tubing and fittings that will easily outdo the bigwater. You're spending virtually the same amount either way, but you can stick with BW if you want.

ok thats fine ill get my ps then and wait till june to get the wc and get the permanent kit:) thanks i needed someone to post so i would know:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom