GeForce4 TI 4200

Status
Not open for further replies.

icemakr

In Runtime
I just acquired a geforce4 ti 4200 agp video card today and at first it seemed alright. Any time I try to test the functionality of the card it'll go fine until it starts teesting the 3d graphics. At that point it'll freeze and i'll have dots all over the screen. Could this be flawed settings, or just the card its self may be bad?

Yeah ive double and triple checked every minute little thing, and i guess am just trying to stay in denial. Its better here.

I just uninstalled all nvidias software for this damn thing and ran a utility on it with success, with just windows generic driver. I have the newest driver for it. And without thinking I opened up my case and have my fan blowing into it, so maybe that's what helped? I'm reinstalling the drivers now, we'll see.

Overheating, oooorrrrr...the drivers for the card and chipset aren't right....oooorrrr....the gpu voltage is set wrong.

the card works fine until i the diagnostics i try to run gets into the 3d portion of the test. I put my gf4 mx440 back in, at least that one's running correctly.

and im sure if i would actually go and buy something new i would rarely see problems that i see :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom