Can i do this??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
there will be software that comes with your router and you will just need to put a password on your SSID. This is probably as secure as you need. These devices are usually easy to set up. Most of of the probs ive encountered is getting the wireless card installed. but they are almost self explanitory.

cool,

I will get the hardware I need and begin to build my wireless/wired network.

reading sucks, theres no better way to do it then just guess ^_^

when i was 9, i kept deleting windows 3.1 on our pc, i got banned from using the comp for like 2 years =p

mouse5150 said:
Lol. I looked at your thread but couldn't really help, i just like drawing bad pictures in MS Paint! I'm still learning loads of stuff. Which is why i am reading through loads of threads on here, to learn stuff, thats the first bit of help i've offered! I can tell you though that the person you need is a dude called AEskine, he helped one dude so much with a problem quite similar to yours (networking and remote acess and the like) he practically flew to Australia (where the receiver of help was based) and did it for him!

I suggest you PM that guy, i was very impressed!

Another thing you can do for securing a wireless network is to turn off "Broadcast SSID" SSID is the "name" of your wireless network. With the Orinoco wireless card I have, I can set it to look for the SSID "any" and it finds all wireless networks that broadcast the SSID.

If you understand IP addresses, turn off DHCP, and manually set the IP addresses on your computers.

Get rid of default settings on your wireless network. Most people that go around trying to log onto other peoples wireless networks are going to know the default settings for a lot of different brands of wireless equipment.

These are the ways that I secured my wireless network, and I also filter based on IP addresses. I only allow three through my router, one for each computer.

You may want to go ahead and run the wire. . .
your ethernet connection would only need 2 pairs. which leaves the other 2 pair for a future computer or 2 phone lines. . .

its not like you'd need another hub or anything. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom