Hows this for a first build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dario03

Fully Optimized
This will be my first build so any suggestions are welcomed.

450W Xblade case
MSI RS480M2-IL Socket 939 ATI Radeon XPRESS 200 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Winchester Integrated into Chip FSB 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor
crucial 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200)
NEC DVD DF DL 16x
Mitsumi Floppy

Keyboard and mouse
Logitech X-530 70 Watts 5.1 Speaker
round cables

I have 2 60gb and 1 40gb 7200rpm 2mb cache(assumed) I was gonna put in. Will all these parts work together and should I change anything? I can get all of it for $523.01 from Newegg.
I'm looking for something that can play newer games but not at super high quality or nothing like that. Just something to get me by for now and be able to upgrade.

1.you need a better power supply, the xblade is crap
2.you need 1 gig of memory (look for corsair value)
3.try to get a 6600gt (the onboard gfx is ok, but not as good as real gfx card)

I was thinking of doubling my memory.
Though really I don't even game much anymore so I was also thinking of just getting a old used computer to surf the net with.

Is there any sites I could get just a case without the psu? The reason I picked that case instead of the Aspire X-infinity case was becasue of the psu.

Yeah, I plan on playing some newer high end games. I just want something that will play them at all. It could be all low settings for all I care. I played BF1942 on a 600mhz slot A computer, so great graphics ain't a priority for me.

I would invest in a video card. Maybe something cheap from Evga and use the step up program when you have $$ for something better. Look for a psu with at least 25A on the 12v.

coconut2 said:
I would invest in a video card. Maybe something cheap from Evga and use the step up program when you have $$ for something better. Look for a psu with at least 25A on the 12v.

That much isnt nesscary, this isnt an SLI'ED PC with phasechange

Thermaltake td-420ad is cheap (30$) and will do you fine.

Also like the other people said, look for a graphics card, 6600GT is a good suggestions and will be able to play anything right now, and a 9550 128meg if your really strapped for cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom