Valueram rox!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
spam^^^

I have a value ram r0x0ring story

Parents have PC2700 kingston ram 2.5-2-2-7
Made it run PC3200 3-3-3-8 without overvolting.

This is kingston's cheapest ram as well

Dude, your running PC2700 speeds lol. Thats considered normal. Dont be surprised man. Value RAM cant handle true OC abuse. You can tighten the timings, then lack speed. Or loose the already loosend timings and gain some speed. But honestly for 100% OC results, you dont want to sacrifice anything. I suggest keeping PC3200 and OC it as far as possible. For a 100% result.

well, i can OC this ram pretty good w/ out losing my kick as timings. iono why but this ram is good. were gona find out from sandra which is better, 2700 or 3200 w/ loose timings.

I'm laying down $100 on the PC3200 pony ;)

like I said the difference between a ras to cas and ras precharge of 3 going down to 2 is way too small of a bandwidth increase to counter the massive drop in frequency.

My guess is you get 3000/2800 in PC3200 and 2700/2500 with your tigher timed PC2700

I dont think you fully understand dude. The LAST thing you want to do with OC RAM, is to lower its speed yo..

its value ram though. and yes i fully understand, but you gotta understand that my cpu is gonna run better cause it has an fsb of 333. but we wil see what runs faster from sandra. im pretty sure running the cpu at 2.3 and the ram at 3200 is AY faster.

Ahh, well yeah your system is going to run better with PC2700 lol, now you have a 1:1 ratio....but still any valueRAM will do that, and generally without and raising of voltage.

Use CPU-Z and check the SPD tab, that tells you what timings it'll run under different speeds.

You basically cleaned up a bottleneck so that will help for your computer improvement, but yeah as far as a sandra test go using the memory test, the PC3200 will undoubtedly win

the spd lies man, it says 2.5-3-3-8 for 200mhx frequency and that is not true. i was runing it at 3200 w/ 2.5-2-2-5 fpr the longest time. ran fine so yea, and that is the only ones it shows. as far as sandra and bottleneck your prolly right. but i was running a 1:1 ratio before, well at least thats what cpu-z said.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom