PC speaker problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerfootball05

In Runtime
I have a Dell 4300 from a couple years ago and it works fairly well mos tof the time. Recently though, whenever i connect to the internet (dang slow dail-up) it makes the whole connecting noise and then connects and i'm all good but then the connecting noise never really goes away like it used to. It just makes some annoying cricket sounding noise. I am getting to the point to where i am thinking about disconnecting the computer speaker just to shut it up! Please help.

The modem itself actually has a speaker. Usually you can turn off the speaker. Just go to device manager and go into the properties of your modem, and there should be a setting to turn off that pesky speaker.

OK i tried turning it off in properties but its still going. Any other sugestions (p.s. i haven't restarted the pc or disconnected from the internet since i disable the speaker)

btw i can get cable and dsl (not all of texas is country) but my parents are cheap and wont pay for it. i'll have a T1 connection in the fall in college.

first u should reboot... and ur speaker might be broke if it isn't fixed after that. might want to just try a new modem? they are usually pretty cheap. if not tell me what kind of modem and ill help some more i guess

ok tried rebooting and it didn't work. Now i'm purty sure the sound is not coming from my modem speaker because the modem speaker made the normal connecting noise while the annoying noise was still going on. Any other ideas?

Maybe it is your PC speaker. You can just unplug that. If you need to do bootup troubleshooting, you can always plug it back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom