problems with shading on x800XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
6800 GT is your best bet right now. Get the eVGA version and it can easily be overclocked to become Nvidia's flagship card, the 6800 ultra.

Stay away from ATI at the moment. games like Splinter Cell Chaos Theory look and run bad on ATI cards.

you should check out http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NzYwLDc=

they have screenshots of image quality comparison in SCCT. whats even better is that on an X850XT, SCCT runs slower EVEN on SM 1.1 compared to the 6800GT running it in SM3.0 and all the image quality optimizations!

Yeah, that link and those screenshots sum it up. Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory has breathtaking graphics, so great that I can hardly believe its rendered. But guess what, its only available to Nvidia users. And so will many other games that follow in its footsteps.

Game programmers have been waiting for PS3.0 and Nvidia gave it to them , someone had to get the ball rolling :) . There allready working on the next phase of PS , technology is allways moving forward :) .

About that review...the 6800 Ultra didnt dominate the X850. And yes, it has the shading options. About HDR< they said that no vid card can currently play it on ultra high rez with HDR enabled, its just too demanding. What the hell, doom 3, far cry, and half life 2 still look spectatcular on my comp. im feeling a little better, i guess lol

O, and go for an eVGA 6800 GT. Cant go wrong.

So whats happened to all the ATi fans sayin Nvidia = doom3. ATI = everything else ???

heh, pretty quiet these days. now if only something like this could happen to intel! Oh, id be happy boy.

Well, i kinda wish i had gotten an ultra instead of my X850 XT, nut at the same time, its hardly like im stuck with a 2nd rate card. It still is awesome :p and i can play doom 3 really nicely, with 4aa ad 16AF on high rez and high details.

Damn.. All ATI owners seem to be regretting their purchases.. Well maybe ATI will get it right in the next gen. of cards..:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom