Connecting to a school network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ-CHRIS

Golden Master
Okay I will tell you everything I know.
I want to be able to connect to my school network "IBM Network". Thing is du e to vendor rules we cant use non IBM computers really on this network. We can pysically, but they get angry.

However MAC's can use this network undetected, a student and a teacher often use a mac on this network.

Okay what I want to do is connect my laptop (averatec) with XP HOME SP2 upto their network and be unnoticed.

The PC's on the network are not dummy terminals, but we do have to logon using a username and password which grants us ascess to our folder and our permissions.

Permissions are set at registery level (no right click, no options under IE, no seeing C DRIVE ect). No problem changing these at all. The other restrictions are using the gpedit.msc program.

I need to know how to connect to this network, I can provide almost any info, I have the support of my school behind me.

If this doesnt work, I may setup wireless on the older network.

on our school network, all we have to do is plug in the ethernet cable and we have broadband internet and can see other computers. however, our network is using Win2k. what OS is yours using? and have you even tried to plug your machine in just to see if it works?

No because the board will know and get all pissy due to their exclusive IBM thingy :rolleyes:

Their using win98

our school got a grant i got an ibook for a year have to turn it back it to the school for it to get reimaged over to the summer.We have open network.Why does yours have a that security.My school has restricted the wireless network to boundaries of the school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom