ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhsrcjh

In Runtime
I have a Compaq Presario with an AMD 2600, W-XP, 80G and 20G hard drive, 48x24x48-16 dvd-cd-wr, 48x24x48 cd-wr,256 DDR 2100 ram. I have checked several places on the price of more ram. I want to add a 512 stick. Any suggestions for a good price on it? For one place with a price of $89 for a 512 stick.

I called Compaq, it will support up to 1024m of DDR on the MB. It has a 256 DDR Dimm 2100 stick now. Will probably add a 512. The are 2 slots for ram.

What brand name ddr do you have right now? About the best on the market in my opinion is corsairs. Not all ram is the same, in this areana do you get what you pay for. good luck

It says the bus clock is 133mhz. It does have DDR Dimm 2100 in it now, it is a 256 and there is one more slot for more ram. Will go with a 512.

dude i just ran into problem and posted about it...i had to find out a lot about it... there is only one true ram manufacturer in the united states...micron...the rest are component assemblers....from what i looked for and found micron is a pretty legit manufacturer....they have an ez step by step process they take u through to establish what is compatible with your system...very helpful for me but most ppl here know more about ram than me.....either way i think it's definitely worth a stop by their sit...good luck....

http://www.crucial.com/index.asp?AID=5032657&PID=1295874

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom