Primary Harddisk Fail ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Undercorestitch

Solid State Member
Is there any possible way too fix this without getting a new harddrive? I was told too use fdisk but when i try that it says No fixed disk present ... anyone got any advice or should i just get a new hard drive?

1. does it even detect the HDD on POST?
2. can you hear the hard drive, and does it sound normal?

ive had a hard drive die on me, it happened very unexpectadly when my sister was just using the Internet - started making clicking noises and it crashed because of the HDD failiure (when we were still using Windows 98)

I had a hard drive fail on me in an old Hewlett Packard CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK.

Um....If you have a copy of Windows XP on CD, you could boot from the CD and see if it can format it in NTFS, for some reason I've had problems where I can't format a drive, and then put in the windows xp cd and BLOOP there it is. :)

it doesnt appera too be posting .. im not sure what brand or model ill let you know when i yank it out an d throw it into the trash haha

Ha, go for it. What size is it anyway? If it's bigger than 20 gb, I wouldn't throw it out...I'd check into other ways of fixing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom