Moving all my windows stuff to another drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackFish

Solid State Member
When I first installed XP, I have no idea it would take up so much disk space. I installed XP on a 2gb partition (go me :x). I also have 2 other drives, one being 10gb and the other being 60 (with 15gb left). I want to move XP to one of them. How would I do this? Should I just reinstall XP to one of those drives?

Reinstall it on the 60 giga-bye drive. Keep back up, on the 2 GB. Keep songs movies etc, on the 10 GB.

Good call. I have a 40GB primary storage then a 60GB secondary storage (of which I bought later with Maxtor). I have all my songs and stuff on my 60GB. Ironically enough, just a second ago my G:\ restored itself somehow. It had previously given me an error saying that it's done and it's going to quit storing my files, so it denied me access for a few days. Then I just clicked on the icon a few minutes ago and now everything is there. Life changing experience, I know.

Use a program called Ghost to do it. Will move everything in a perfect state. Problem is the 60GB needs to be clean, or you loose it. It's the best way to move the whole thing without really loosing anything, as far as the 2gig setup goes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom