Major problem with CPU fan or power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
hey, I am having a small problem, last year after christmas I had built a new computer when I had everything installed correctly I had turned the PC on the CPU fan came on and the power supply powered up, but the hard drive nor the AGP video came on when I was looking inside the case the CPU fan had slowed down and then the power supply turned off. so I had to get my money back for HD and video card. up until now I am testing halfway built PC it seem's like everytime I turn on the PC the CPU fan turns off automatically and the power supply turns off 5 seconds after the fan does..... something told me to turn on the PC without the CPU fan plugged up to the Motherboard. the PC came on for 3 seconds and then shutoff can someone tell me what the true problem is ? also I don't hear any beeps...... should I plug in a speaker to see if I can't hear something ?

thanks
MadMikeXP

might just be your motherboard.

if you dont have a speaker how do you expect to hear anything?

Does anything come up on your monitor?

Im guessing you dont have a 4 pin molex plugged into the mobo

Defiantly sounds like a power supply problem of not suplying enoug juice (or wires missing) and the mobo autoshut's off

Also if you have a speaker plugged into the motherboard, what beeps do you get? If it's an asus board plug a speaker into the intergrated sounds as well.

PSU's are not connected to the heatsink/fan, they are supplied power by the motherboard which then the motherboard is connected to the PSU through the main power which is a P1 connector, also known as a 20 pin ATX connector.

HTH

desiboi, I have a 300 watt ATX power supply. could this be the real problem the MB not getting enough juice to it should it be 400 watt power supply P4 and celron supported if so I'm going to have to wait until I get 30 dolloars and go to compusa or best buy to by one.

algu7344 said:
PSU's are not connected to the heatsink/fan, they are supplied power by the motherboard which then the motherboard is connected to the PSU through the main power which is a P1 connector, also known as a 20 pin ATX connector.

HTH

Not always, take a look at venus \ volcano 12

I tried a 400 watt power supply that I had in a unused
compusa box and I plugged up the power supply to motherboard along with my floppy and CD-ROM and almost everything works!! the whole machine came to life !
I have almost all the parts I need I have the MB, processor,
floppy, CD-RW,CD-ROM, 2 128 SD ram memory and my old 10 gig hard drive all I need now is a PCI or AGP video card and I'm all set!
with the last information I provided about the motherboard, will a regular PCI video card do for now until I can afford a better AGP video card or should I wait and buy a AGP card ?

thanks again for the help

MadMikeXP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom