help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheppy

Beta member
Hi im new to this forum and new to computing.Can anyone guide me to where i can get info about upgrading a legacy pc having mmx 233 cpu with 32 mb running windows95 so that it could support xp or 2000 and USB ?

well have you tried installing xp?

if you can't, then try getting a bigger harddriver (if your current one doesn't support the size of xp/2000) and try upgrading to 128mb ram

and usb support all depends on if your motherboard supports usb or not

I would recommend that you get another computer. There is no way you could get decent functionality running XP on that machine. I'm not entirely sure about 2000 though. Plus you need more RAM. As far as USB if the computer has a free PCI port you could use a PCI USB card. I would imagine you also need a bigger hard drive. It would be a lot more cost effective in the long run if you just went out and got a budget PC if you need one that badly.

What brand/model of computer is it? What are you going to use it for?

-GrayWolf

Yeah MIN requirements for Win XP is 256MB Ram; and Its usually recommended that you have atleast 512.
Trying to upgrade your current situation will probably be useless without an upgrade of most of your system parts.

If you're just looking for a general application and internet browsing pc then you can get some cheap parts.
Let us know what you're looking for.

That PC is a bit too slow for 2k or XP

Btw by legacy PC do you mean legacy PC, because you cant really upgrade anything "legacy"

Definatly a new mobo, processor, RAM, large hard drive (if you dont have one), goo video card (if you don't have one)

Besically, buy a new computer or build a new one.

If hes new to computing like he says, how is he going to build a PC? ;)

Edit: He dosent seem like the type of person that minds too much about his PC. IMO a Budget DELL would suit him fine... I still have my old DELL going strong. Solid as a rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom