laggy broad band?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to add-

The Upload is really tacky. The online gaming is mainly the power of your upload. Try to get a better upload speed, and you'll be fine. A slower upload means lower bandwidth...just so you know.

Well, maybe that's his problem.. they don't cap anything on the modem's and so a few take up the bandwidth and he's lagging out?? LOL

smileygladhands said:
Well, maybe that's his problem.. they don't cap anything on the modem's and so a few take up the bandwidth and he's lagging out?? LOL

Thats so true. If you get an uncapped service like that, a few bandwidth hogs will bring the system to its knees. I know we all want more speed and would like to not be capped, but the speed caps are for our own good.

beedubaya said:
Thats so true. If you get an uncapped service like that, a few bandwidth hogs will bring the system to its knees. I know we all want more speed and would like to not be capped, but the speed caps are for our own good.

Takes more than a few, uncapped only reaches 10 meg? and most ISP's are running dual t3's to the CO or even fibre now.

Not to say their isnt other factors involved, like the dslam units and stuff.

Verizon is laying fiber everywhere right now.. not sure about anyone else.

Soon, they'll have options of around 10mbps. Not cheap though.

Pff were laying fiber up here

And I have fibre, enough fibre to run an entire city (and probolly Canada) on. It's just a fibre wire and not really hooked up though. I also have held a fibre wire than could handle the entire world's internet traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom