How do I adjust RAM speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
here are some pics of my BIOS (oh and remember this is still my old RAM):
7a7bdd56.jpg

b0d711aa.jpg

Turn both things in the first menu to manual from auto and see what else it gives ya

If it doesnt give you much more, try doing a BIOS upgrade from the asus site, www.asus.com (doesnt work without www)

oh hey that reminds me! for some reason, whenever i update the BIOS past version 1.02, i get a bad bios checksum error most of the time i boot up. it will ask to restore BIOS and if i do, the message never comes up again. everyone seemed to think it was the battery but the message only occurs when BIOS 1.03 and up are installed.

the options in the mode select option from the BIOS above are: auto, standard, turbo. i have no idea what they are even talking about, as it doesn't even give a description of the function in the side pane.

Memclock mode is where you'd adjust the memory frequency.

the CPU multiplier would be named just that 'CPU Multi"

ok i just discovered something that may be important! I just updated my BIOS, even though i knew it wouldn't boot, to 1.06 (the very latest version). I got a whole new bunch of options:

6a0686a7.jpg

8bb2a59b.jpg

anyhow, i lowered the FSB to 200 because it was set at 220 for some reason. also, the cpu stock multiplier and HT thingy didn't look like they were set right. i thought some post listed above said its default is 9x but mine was set at 4x. anyways, after i took these pictures and restarted, i got the error message "Bad BIOS Checksum" and a voice saying "Boot Failed Due to CPU Overclocking." I didn't overclock but i'm thinking that maybe those standard values or what not are messing up my boot and that's the reason for the bad BIOS checksum. at least i've found out that i CAN overclock well on my board, if only it could boot up lol. anyone have any idea what could be wrong with it? i know someone's gonna say it's the battery but that doesn't explain why it works with BIOS 1.02 and why the voice prompt is telling me my CPU is overclocked!

HT ratio needs to stay at 4

Processor multiplier needs to be at 9 to make 1.8GHz

Don't know whats up with your BIOS though. Make sure your CMOS pin is on 1-2 and isn't like...left on pins 2-3 from a previous reset or something

OMG! ok, i just reinstalled the 1.06 BIOS again and this time I set the processor frequency multiplier to 9x and....it worked. my system booted up without a single complaint. right now i'm still in shock from the fact that it's working. it could just be luck...i'll post again if it starts not working. oh but there is one problem, my athlon 64 3000+ clocked at 2.01Ghz but now it's only clocking 1.81Ghz. Will setting it to 9.5x do the trick? i definitely don't want my processor underclocked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom