Looking at the AMD 64 bit processors,FSB, integrated into chip or not? whats better

Status
Not open for further replies.
2nd link doesn't work.

It's all technically integrated dude. When comparing amd64's you gotta look at the speed, how much L2 cache it has and the core.

That first link is a winchester core which are great for overclocking. Overall that first chip you linked is a good one, but I don't know what the 2nd one is since the link doesn't work so I can't give you a comparison

Those are the exact same processors dude. One is OEM which means you get the CPU only, no warrenty or anything like that (not suggested) the other CPU comes in its official box, you get a 3 year warrenty and a heatsink.

There is no difference, I'm telling you it's the same chip dude. They are both Socket 939 Winchester core AMD64 3000+s

They have just simply typed in different text for whatever reason. All 64's have integrated FSB

As pointed out, all Athlon 64s have the memory controller built into the chip therefore the FSB link between it and the memory no longer exists, nor does the NB. The technical "replacement" to the FSB is the Hypertransport, a high bandwidth, low latency bus that communicates between the CPU, memory, video card etc.

The Hypertransport will either be 1GHz which will be found on all socket 939 chips, or 800MHz on all socket 754 chips.

so considering i am going with the amd amthlon 64 3000+. what options do have i have for mobo's. what differnt mobos do you guys suggest?

well the 3200+ has a decent chance of overclocking to 3500+ speeds, and the 3000+ can easily get to atleast 3200+ speeds and further.........so what really makes it worth it is the overclocking potential.

200MHz in an AMD is actually a fairly good boost and $44 for that aint too bad, but it's real easy to OC so perhaps you might read into it and learn a little ? Then you can really get more out of what you paid for

EDIT: DFI's are the best overclocking boards out there hands down. They have tons of options though so it's not so great for a noob overclocker as you might get overwhelmed at first. ABit also makes good boards inwhich I'd suggest you get the AN8-3rd Eye I believe is the one with the nforce chipset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom