Bandwidth Monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

afisher

Beta member
I am trying to find some software that will allow me to monitor bandwidth on my network. I have tried out some programs, but ones I have tried all require devices to have SNMP for them to be recognized by the software.

My problem is that some of the IP addresses we are trying to monitor don't have SNMP, and I can't actually get SNMP onto them. I had been told to check out a network sniffer program, but that doesn't seem to be giving me what I need. Is there anything out there that should be able to provide me bandwidth monitoring for specific IP addresses regardless of if they have SNMP or not? Any help would be much appreciated!

I've actually downloaded that program before. It will work to monitor bandwidth for the PC it is installed on, but it won't monitor anything else. I'm looking for something that can monitor multiple IPs on a network.

anyone else have any ideas as to how to do this without SNMP? or if it is even possible?

I'm sure there are... you can find a bunch on the web pretty easily. We run a Windows network here, but still cant figure out if we can do what we want without SNMP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom