Dell P4 2.26 replaced with a 1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roaddog

Solid State Member
A friend of mine is giving me his Dell Optiplex GX250 without the 2.26 processor and ram but I have my old trusty P4 1.5 478 socket processor will this work? I checked on the Dell web site and forum and got no help so can someone help me?
Thanks in advance

i really doubt it will. i dont think the optiplex has a socket 478. but go ahead and count the pins :p ... or wait for someone here that knows :)

Nope, it won't work. throw it away, Dell sucks, everyone should know that. ****in' marketin' whores!

What is the service tag ####. Dont listen to any of them It is still a good computer. It should work but I want to double check.

desiboi said:
Nope, it won't work. throw it away, Dell sucks, everyone should know that. ****in' marketin' whores!

Wow, thats kind of an ingnorant comment.

@Roaddog:
From the looks of the docs on Dell's website, the Optiplex uses Socket 478 as well. So, there should be no problem using your 1.5GHz.

Ummmm, sometimes the Chipsets don't support it, like I can't put 400 MHz Celerons in my MOBO, cause the Chipsets don't support it.

desiboi said:

From a home users point of view, many people do think Dell sucks. But when you are a large company and one of your babies die (for instance, your mail server), if your smart, and you purchased the right warrenties, they will have a tech onsite in an hour or less with replacement parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom