Zalman 7700Cu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charbo

In Runtime
Hey im thinking about buying one of these tonight and aws wondering if anyone has had one or knows about them i know they are very heavy for a cooler but is there that much risk with them i dont move my pc much so i wouldnt think so but i mean if my pc bumps or something is my whole mobo just going to shatter or what lol sorry if this sounds noobish im just sorta worried about my pc :) so if anyone can help me thanks

I have heard a bunch of good things about these. The weight is fine as long as you dont set your computer down too hard.

Are you going to be overclocking? If so, by how much? The reason why I ask is because, if you arent OCing, then the stock HS&F will be fine. If you are OCing by a little bit, I think there is a 7700 with an aluminum HS that cools better than stock, but not as good as the copper one.

they are pretty heavy. imagine a solid copper cube thats a little smaller than the size of your palm. thats about how heavy its prolly gonna be. it could be dangerous to move it with the cooler "hanging" off the mobo, but normal movement on its side should be fine. but if you planned on taking it in the car or something than you'd have to turn it so it lies flat. they are supposedly awesome coolers that run silent so i'd say go ahead :)

i would like to get to 3ghz on this which i got to 2.8 with the stock so im sure i can get that with the zalman, also this is sorta temporary for a few monthes till i get watercooling but i want to have good cooler till then:) im not toooo conserned about the weight since i can turn it on the side like you said:)

Have you considered the XP-120? That's another great cooler, not quite as heavy though.

The Zalman is very good though I hear.

ya i was looking at that too but i wasnt sure how good it was and i dont know what fan i would get with it =/

The fan is big enough that it blows air on your northbridge, ram, and video card.. Depending on what mb you have of course. You don't really have an idea how big it really is until you get it. My DPS module was in the way (it isnt mounted on the motherboard, its the ghetto dps with the metal clip) so i had to ziptie the dps module to my powersupply. Worked like a charm.

nah ive seen it i know its huge thats why i want it cause i need my overall pc cooler since my chipset is hot enought to heat up the back end of both video cards so i cant wait till i get wc but im not doing wc on the chipset i may get a better fan though =/

they are really nice coolers. my friend has one, and his PC runs at about 24 full load! Thats a 1337 PC u got there, Charbo!

thx :) i just got this thermaltake shark tonight along with my enermax ps and i was hoping to pick this cooler up but the shop i went to was out:( but as far as the case i am really happy with it it is like 6 inches or so taller than my old case ever :D but ya im prolly gonna get that zalman when they get it in stock:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom