Windows explorer in windows XP is messed up somehow

Status
Not open for further replies.

madcat75

In Runtime
I searched for my other thread but could not find it :eek:

Anyways I have this weird thing in windows XP SP2 where windows explorer will crash randomly. Such as I try to open a certain folder, or I try doing CTRL + X and CTRL + V with a file, and windows explorer will crash. It's hard to pinpoint what exactly is causing it to crash. I recently installed win XP SP2 about a month ago and it's been doing it ever since day 1 of the install.

I did a sfc /checknow but it didnt seem to help.

cant be a hard drive problem, I just bought this drive. When explorer crashes, the taskbar dissapears and then reloads several seconds later. Some apps I have to re-start like avedesk and miranda because they are terminated for some reason when windows explorer crashes.

copy the explorer.exe from your 2000/XP CD in the \I386 folder and replace the explorer.exe on your computer. you will have to close explorer and do it from a command window, or from the recovery console after you boot from the CD

The best way to have sp2 is to install xp then sp2 then your programs. uninstall sp2 and see if you still have the problem.

agreed there sp2, updates, virus/spyware/adware/firewall stuff, then what ever u want is the best way to go prolly. but anyhow what do you mean by crashes what happens? it might be ur explorer.exe im not sure but u might be able to use the repair folder for it? if not do as apakolips said.
also u couldn't find ur thread...
user cp> then find the subscribed threads set it to from the beginning hit search and it will tell u all of your threads. i believe i read it under virus protection honestly..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom