Need to cool my Video Card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BorysK

Baseband Member
I have started seing high heat in my case, because i have clocked everything now. I need to see if there is a way to cool my video card, which is the Xstacy 9600, and it does not have a fan. My processor is still well within the safe range, but my PCI slots are stuffed and i think that's why my video and sound cards are starting to overheat. I already too the side off the case, and i have a fan blowing on them, but i would like to try a more, shal we say, "elegant" approach. Any input is appreciated.

The Vantec Iceberq 4 could help you out if you have minimal space like I do in my case, I'm not sure about larger coolers as I've never looked into them since they'll never fit into my case, maybe the other guys can help you out if you want something bigger.

Also, I've never really heard of a sound card overheating... maybe thats because I've been using the integrated in my nForce 2 board though... hmmm.

Anyways, if it actually is, then go for a PCI slot fan such as this....
http://www.pcmall.com/pcmall/shop/d...campaign=email,pwbfroogle&wt.mc_id=pwbfroogle

BorysK, before you jump to conclusions, what are your temps? Its pretty near impossible for a sound card to OH.

Phew, wanted to make sure I wasnt the only one who didnt think soundcards overheated.
I was just assuming though as my Shuttle XPC has integrated nForce audio, and my previous PowerMac had integrated audio as well, and they obviously don't overheat....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom