HD-TV Monitor - Resolution Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

OuterBox

Solid State Member
I bought a 27" HD-TV flat panel to use as my computer monitor, but I can't seem to display the correct resolution. The TV is a Westinghouse ltv-27w2, and it looks awesome!

The 2 choices I have are 800 x 600 & 1088 x 612.

My manual says the TV supports many other resolutions and up to 1280x x 720 ( I wish it was higher).

The TV did not come with a CD, so I don't think it has a driver. The computer seemed to find it fine and installed a driver. In hardware manager it says "Plug & Play Monitor".

I am using DVI, as the TV has a DVI connector built in.

I am using a N-Vidia GeForce FX 5600 graphics card. My last monitor was able to display supppper high resolutions, but I guess I need a better HD-TV for that??

I would appreciate any suggestions

1280x720 NTSC is the max standard HDTV resolution, your new TV should support that, check the manufacturers website for an ".inf" file assuming your using windows, that should fix it

well the manufactur told me to update the driver, which I did, and now I can only display 1024 X 768, and 1088 x 612 was much better, as it didn't stretch the screen.

it may be a compatibility issue with the vid card vs the monitor as well, the card might not support what the monitor needs to have max resolution, DVI is still relatively new and not all cards and monitors handle it exactly the same way

dont know what to tell you as far as a solution

This is what I posted on another forum, has a few more details. I want this to work so bad.

---------------------------------------------

My TV says the max resolution is 1280 - 1024, and also has many other resolution options. I currently am using the 5.2.1.6 driver as this atleast allows me to get the closest using 1088 x 612 (which my TV doesn't even show is supported.)

When I updated to the newest driver, 7, it woudn't give me the option for 1088 x 612, but did give me 1280 x 720, which is what I think need. When I selected this option it shows a bunch of totally messed up lines and I can't read anything.

What do I need to do? Do I need another card or another TV?

The TV is a westinghouse ltv-27w2 and can be found at http://www.westinghousedigital.com/products/prod-27w2.shtml

Also, when I have the version 7 driver it seems I can't display a smaller resolution without it stretching to full screen. I entered the correct setting as "middle" and for it to not stretch.

I would be so grateful if someone could help me get my max resolution working! This monitor would be so awesome, but it just looks blurry when it stretches to make full screen out of 1088 x 612. Its' crystal clear on 1088 x 612 when not stretched, but its about 2 inches short everywhere sad.gif

Please help!

Two things, open the on screen options on the TV and check the phase and aspect settings, if that doesnt work, try a regular VGA cable and see what happens.

No, why would it?In many cases the vga output from the video card is better than the DVI out, DVI like I said above is still in its relative infancy, if the TV can do both,and it can, use whichever the card does better, im guessing in this case the vga is probably better, the TV will still convert it to digital so it can use it.

I dont have the nvidia 5600 specs in front of me at the moment, but im about to look them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom