ATI X700 Pro Questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATI has one benefit, good relationships with major vendors like dell, gateway, sony, etc.

Everybody else who cares buys a 6600GT or 6800.

That said, I would buy an X700 for convenience, they are cheaper at best buy & it's nice to drive up & buy something for 200 instead of 250 that is similiar.

6600GT's are 250 at best buy right now.

macdawg said:
ATI has one benefit, good relationships with major vendors like dell, gateway, sony, etc.

Everybody else who cares buys a 6600GT or 6800.

That said, I would buy an X700 for convenience, they are cheaper at best buy & it's nice to drive up & buy something for 200 instead of 250 that is similiar.

6600GT's are 250 at best buy right now.

Lets not turn this into an ATI vs. Nvidia. Using that "everybody who cares" line is just asking for a flame war. Both ATI and Nvidia make good cards, Nvidia just happened to win this round.

Alright, it was a driver problem. I am now getting 100-150 FPS on CS:S. UNBELIVABLE!!! It looks sooo beautiful. After seeing my friends Nvidia vs my ATI, I would buy an ATI, it saved me 70$.

"What are your benchmark scores? How does it perform in other games?"

I don't know, it seems locked at 60fps.

But on the HL2 Demo, I get about 50-60fps with everything on high, AA AT on the highest setting. 1012x738 (I forgot the resolution numbers, but close enough.

Something said:
"What are your benchmark scores? How does it perform in other games?"

I don't know, it seems locked at 60fps.

But on the HL2 Demo, I get about 50-60fps with everything on high, AA AT on the highest setting. 1012x738 (I forgot the resolution numbers, but close enough.

When you turn V-Sync on, it locks it at 60 fps. Turn off V-sync and you will get much higher framerate. How do you like your X800 Pro. Any regrets?

Yea, its great. Just had to tweak it alittle. Got it off ebay for about $350.

Seriously, try the Omega drivers, they boosted my AQ3 mark by about 9,000.

Its on the Highest Resolution (LCD Setting also, nice to have a screen like that), and all of the Graphics settings are on high.

What are "Benchmark Scores".

You will have to forgive me, I just recently got into computers, so I know a little. Being 15 and just getting a job opens o' so many doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom