Intel won! HAHA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you a fan of Cyrix becuase none else have them and thty are the underdog? Or is there a reason?

honestly, I havent heard many things about Cyrix. But from what I HAVE heard, they are crap. Truth?

Look, who gives a shit.

The marks will still be the same unless the games are ready to take advantage of the dual-core and are smp aware.

AMD will always rule in gaming.
Intel will always rule in multimedia.

In fact, the dual-cores will actually be slower than current processors in apps that aren't smp aware...there is no need to go dual core unless the apps are there first...so ha! Who cares if Intel releases 'em first if no one can use 'em only to their disadvantage! :p

I don't know what all the hoop-la is!

Lets just all agree that AMD is better for games and Intel is better for multitasking and hardcore applications. Its your preference more than anything else.

End of discussion.

DJ-CHRIS said:

Oh well, I decided, that Via Cyrix is the best :D

Hey hey CHRIS! You never did answer me on my Cyrix question. Why do you like them more? Is it because none has it, or what?

bleh

1) it **STILL** does not have TRUE 64bit design... sheesh.

2) In order for errors to get sorted data has to travel to the motherboard and back.. Adding latency.

3) It doesn't have an onboard memory controller

4) hyperthreading sucks

amd becomes the forerunner in the processor market.

Further more, intel always does everything first. Then amd comes along and does it right.

Only problem about that memory controller is that they will have to redesign it or something to work with a differnt memory when AMD makes the change....

desiboi said:
AMD>Intel
AMD=Cyrix
Cyrix>Intel

Bottom Line: INTEL CAN LICK MY NUTZ!!
Intel: ummm... no thanks!

senseless said:
bleh

1) it **STILL** does not have TRUE 64bit design... sheesh.

2) In order for errors to get sorted data has to travel to the motherboard and back.. Adding latency.

3) It doesn't have an onboard memory controller

4) hyperthreading sucks

amd becomes the forerunner in the processor market.

Further more, intel always does everything first. Then amd comes along and does it right.
well, hyperthreading doesn't necessarily suck. it is good for multitasking, which Athlon's currently are not so good at. although Opterons are really good for multitasking.

Intel actually do have true 64-bit processors, they are the later Xeons

Bah, let this thread die already!

Beedub, flex some mod muscle and close this beeotch

meh, the dual core opterons have less thermal dissapation than a single core prescott, imagine what the dual core Intels are going to be like heat-wise.

nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom