RealONE player installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holydirt

Baseband Member
i tried to install the free version of real one player from www.real.com and when it gets to about 45% done it says that i cannot install it because i do not have administrative permisson, but i am an administrator on my computer. help please. i meet the requirements and am running windows xp.thanks

The exact error message is: "You do not have Administrator access to the Windows registry. \nPlease see your system Administrator to install RealOne Player." thats exactly how it is show (i double checked) and i know for a fact that i am a windows administrator on my system

You could be running a program that keeps you from changing the registry. Some firewalls & some virus protection programs stop this, I know becuase I had the same problem with installing another program...I can't remember what the program was though, I think it was frontpage or something like that.
Anyway, just log offline and close your firewall & virus scan and try again. Er. Don't log off you have to download >> lol

it IS NTFS. can ya give me step by step intructions on how to log in as an admin., you guys are a huge help. thanks

When you boot up, after the memory & bios checks and everything are done, press and hold F10, A boot loader screen should pop up, choose "safe mode" and when the logon screen apears choose administrator and BOOM. There y'go, but I think your problem is more likely caused by a Virus scan program. Some don't let you write to the registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom