Need to start overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
blue screens sounds more like your system memory unless you're catching the blue screen info and it blatently says video hardware problem.

I've got mine running ultra core and memory right now no problems.

Highest on air I can get it is like 425/1175

Well it's not playing City of Heros good at the mo either (serious lag, black square,) but if I overclock my other hardware i.e. CPU maybe even my Ram would that have effect on overclocking my 6800gt?

I'll have to back up, it was running nice at the halfway point between 6800gt and 6800 ultra (387/1004) resulting in an extra 400score in 3DMark05.

it'd have an effect on the system as a whole not just the graphics card, but as it is it sounds like your system isn't stable, so you need to isolate the problem before you just go OC'ing more things

Well I'm abit baffled, is it just that my XFX won't push out ultra speeds then? Cause temperature wise on my card has only slighty risen.

But anyway what's most important to overclock? Core Engine Clock speed? Or memory clock?

Would I have more success if I used another OCing programme or something?

they both work hand in hand, but you will notice more effect from raising the core 50MHz than if you raised the memory 100Mhz assuming you raised one without the other.

If you have good temps then I guess you just got a card that doesn't like to OC :(

another reason I don't like XFX, although some people swear by them

Well I've squeezed an extra 603points in 3dmark from overclocking my XFX.

Currently running at 405/1061 what's near the Ultra's 425/1100... pretty close but I'm kinda bummed that I couldn't go all the way.

Next up is my 3200, I think I found something in the BIOS, it's something like "VGU?" and a list of percentage increases for the CPU, that right?

well according to eVGA their ultra runs at 400/1100 so as far as your core goes you are running Ultra :D

Next up is my 3200, I think I found something in the BIOS, it's something like "VGU?" and a list of percentage increases for the CPU, that right?
don't know, I'd have to be there looking at your BIOS to see what context it's shown in

Actually it's VID, I'm pretty sure it's the overclocking section, RAM FSB, Frequency Voltage is there along with CPU Voltage drop down menus.

Also I reckon the problem I get with freezing at the boot up screen on odd occasions right at the Lanparty logo (what I even disabled and it crashed still) could be down to the 20-24pin PSU adapter perhaps?

Here's some screenies of the bios in some review:

DFI Lanparty

make sure you got that molex connector in there, that extra floppy connector in there, and I'd suggest go ahead and just getting a 0 to 24 pin adapter if your comp is being underpowered

Yeah that VID is your CPU voltage, and the over vid is for going beyond the normal max of 2.1 that's selectable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom