ever heard of 1 gig of video memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juice - ctrl+alt+~ brings down the console.

DoomUK - No clue.....maybe it's because I've been running the thing quite a few times now and it's even more so in the memory?

I'll run it again at those settings to see if it was some fluke or something if you want.

Juice476 said:
the console?

If you've got it set up right, you can just press the tilde key (`) to access the console. Otherwise you'll have to press Ctrl+Alt+`.

Nubius said:
Juice - ctrl+alt+~ brings down the console.

DoomUK - No clue.....maybe it's because I've been running the thing quite a few times now and it's even more so in the memory?

I'll run it again at those settings to see if it was some fluke or something if you want.

Have you altered the AF with the console command? Make sure you are still running on 8x AF...

ok now do i run it 2 times or just once i had every thing on as high is it goes with 1600x1200 res and i got like 18.2

DoomUK - BTW it says my version is 1.2.1287

Well I don't know what I had previously, but I just ran it again

Ultra settings
1280x1024
4x AA

First run: 44
Second run: 53

Sooo yeah I'm guessing I had something that didn't set right the first time when I thought I hit apply changes? Or maybe I didn't, not sure.

I never once altered the AF though so that can't be it....anywho it looks like it's at where it should be now....don't know what happened the first time through

EDIT:
ok now do i run it 2 times or just once i had every thing on as high is it goes with 1600x1200 res and i got like 18.2
Run it twice, the first time is always choppy

EDIT EDIT: Ran it again for good measure, got the exact same as you lol, 53.3FPS

Nubius, out of interest what are your specs, and what overclocking are you doing?

Specifically, I'd like details about your 6800 GT.

Sorry to be a pain, but if you had your specs in your sig I wouldn't need to ask, would I? ;)

Sorry to be a pain, but if you had your specs in your sig I wouldn't need to ask, would I?
you trying to make me feel like an ass for not having specs in my sig!?!! :p

2.5GHz XP-M
1gb PC3200
6800GT 400/1100

I see your memory is only at 1.06GHz, boost it up to ultra settings and no doubt you'd get higher since you have an AMD64 and your RAM bandwidth would be higher.

Juice - Shift+Print screen

Nubius said:
you trying to make me feel like an ass for not having specs in my sig!?!! :p

2.5GHz XP-M
1gb PC3200
6800GT 400/1100

I see your memory is only at 1.06GHz, boost it up to ultra settings and no doubt you'd get higher since you have an AMD64 and your RAM bandwidth would be higher.

Juice - Shift+Print screen

hey do you think i should overclock my stuff i have it all a stock right now i wonder do you think it will perform alot better if i do i plan on putting water cooling in my comp what do ya think and are my times good or should i lower things and if yes to what

lol you need to extremely lower your settings dude. 25FPS isn't playable enough in my mind, knock it down to like 4x or at the most 8x if you want to use 1600x1200 res

Overclocking always helps ;)

I got my 6600GT up to 564/1100 from 500/900

got a score from 3300 to 3800 in 3dmark05.......

with water cooling you should be able to get like 575/1100 or higher depending of course on a little bit of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom