ever heard of 1 gig of video memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius, mate ...

First off, seriously, there's no warning message when you hit 'Apply', OK? You've obviously been playing some hacked version of Doom 3, or some mod... I don't know
No dude, I know for a fact I'm not the only one who see's this message as this thing has been argued before regarding 512mb cards and that message popping up.

Secondly, you're getting confused between the AA and AF settings: AF is at 8x by default at Ultra quality, AA is always user defined...
No I'm not.....in the options it says AF, there is no AA anywhere, the settings dictate that. That's why in the forum I posted it has things like this:

High Quality
4xAA and 8xAF
1024x768 Resolution

High quality is 4x and Ultra quality is 6x AA....so if you have it at 2x then you would have had to set it in the nvidia control panel.

Thirdly, try timedemo demo 1 out on those settings yourself- but remember: NO Vsync, and run it TWICE to eliminate any of those 'pauses'. Tell us what you get the in the first run and the second.
I've run it with Vsync off, but I only ran it once through and it was for the pimprig contest with the Ultra settings, 1024x768, 8xAF (that really kills performance though) and Ultra settings = 6x AA, another thing I know for a fact is true, and I only got 17FPS and that's at a lower resolution running overclocked speeds.

I'll go right now and make adjustments and run it Ultra speeds with Ultra settings and I know it's going to be the same FPS even the second time around.

You don't have your AF listed, which is in the options, and obviously the only way your AA would be 2x is like I said, through the nvidia control panel

Aright I just ran it at the following:

Ultra settings
1280x1024 resolution
No AA
Verticle Sync OFF

First run: 52FPS
Second run: 69FPS

Bah, doom, yeah I owe you an apology for the AA crap, my bad dude, don't know why I thought it was saying AF in that advanced menu, I screwed up my time demo for that pimprig site lol, I put the stupid thing at 16x AA :(

Also I've attached a pic of the message I get when changing settings from high to Ultra and then hitting APPLY

EDIT: Just ran your settings 1280x1024, 2x AA, Ultra settings, Vsync off, got 64FPS on the second run.....bah, this whole damn time I have been thinking Ultra meant 6x AA and I had been turning up the AA in the options thinking it was AF....

:bashes head profusely:

Like I said at pimprig I think I freakin ran like 8x AA, no wonder I got freakin 17FPS lol

OK, I'm a little confused here...

Firstly, what version of the game are you using? It might've displayed that message in 1.0, but it's been so long since I've used that...

Right: There is no in-game menu option to control Anisotropic Filtering. You can only adjust Anti-Aliasing in the in-game menu. You can however enter the console command of 'image_anisotropy x' (or something like that, can't remember off the top of my head) to manually adjust AF (and 'r_multisamples x' to adjust AA btw). Play on Ultra Quality, enter the command and it'll tell you you're playing on 8x (by default).

EDIT: lol I've just read you're edit Nub... So now we're sorted ;)

Still don't get that message though... oh well

I just got resurrection of evil the other day and I believe that installed a patch so shouldn't my version be all completely up to date?

Just ran it at Ultra settings 1280x1024 4x AA and look what I got, lol 66.6FPS....mark of the beast! sort of.......seemed appropriate for doom3 haha

That's odd...

Ultra quality, 1280*1024, 4xAA, Vsync OFF I only get 53.3 FPS on the second run... And yet I got higher with 2xAA?

:confused:

type in timedemo demo1 in the console

That's odd...

Ultra quality, 1280*1024, 4xAA, Vsync OFF I only get 53.3 FPS on the second run... And yet I got higher with 2xAA?
Wait........what? Why wouldn't you get higher with less AA?

That system is not worth $8784.79. No freakin' way. Those highend PC companies charge an ARM&LEG for their PC's.

My system is worth about 4000.00 everything included.
The difference is (-1) 400gig HDD. And those two 512MB cards, I have (2) 256MB cards. And I actually have a 21" CRT Perfect Flat monitor which i won't trade for anything when it comes to gaming...

Juice476 said:
what is the time demo i would like to try

Open up Doom3. Type 'timedemo demo1' (without the quotes) in the console.

Nubius said:

Wait........what? Why wouldn't you get higher with less AA?

No, I meant I got a higher score with 2xAA (70 FPS) than you did with no AA (69 FPS)... Why are you beating me with 4xAA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom