Is this good OC'ing RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol it'll be worth it........once you have your sandra memory benches boasting 7500mb/sec bandwidth and bragging rights of DDR500 you'll be singin a different tune ;)

Yeah do ditch that ram, it will run but without the 3.3volts it wont run nearly as fast, you would probolly have to loosen to 3-3-3-8 to get it to run

Yeah, just hang on tight for a while and save up for some TCCD, it is fairly expensive but it is WELL worth the price and you'll get some fantastic results. The really nice thing that I like about TCCD is in some cases increasing the DIMM voltage can actually allow you to tighten timings, which increases stability and thus, allows higher frequencies. :D

You may also wanna pick up another motherboard if you're getting Rev2s, I'm not sure but I'm quite certain the Asus boards have limited HTT speeds and a lot of other restricting factors.

well my rule of thumb for good TCCD memory with brainpower PCB is crank the voltage to whatever your boards max is (unless it's that DFI board that can put up to 4v lol, that's overkill) but assuming your boards max is like 2.9v, crank it to that, and then just push up the frequency using 2.5-3-3-7 timings......basically that little combo will guarantee you a pretty high ride before you start hitting bumps and gotta start messing with things

well that TwinMOS is meant to take a lot of voltage, so yeah max out the voltage and I'd use 2.5-3-3-7 still on those......if you do get the ones with BH-5's in it, they will only run 2.5 or 2, they don't like cas latency of 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom