6600GT worth it over the 6600?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The eVGA card is $185 on newegg.com, $190 if you count shipping.

And don't be fooled by the software packages other companies give you... the eVGA is worth the lack of packaged games.

Yes, it is totally worth it.

If you can get the eVGA, get it. Excellent company, make some of the best cards out there. If that isnt in the cards (no pun intended) then go with the Gigabyte. But I'm not going to shoot down Leadtek, they are excellent. They have the best stock coolers available. Dont go with MSI, my personal experience with them has been terrible. And as everyone knows, ASUS dosent make anything bad. So if I were to put the cards in order from best to worst, I would go: eVGA, ASUS, Leadtek, MSI.

Him, you left out Gigabyte, where does that come into your list? after Leadtek and before MSI?

So if I were to put the cards in order from best to worst, I would go: eVGA, ASUS, Leadtek, MSI.
Nah, I'd leave out asus altogether.

Gigabyte is 'aright' I guess, haven't heard too many problems from them, but they seem like a mediocore manufacturer from their motherboards.

I'd say eVGA and leadtek are easily the best. Leadtek mainly because of their generally awesome stock coolers

IMO the 6600 is like a $50 card

if you're going for something like hte 6600, you might as well go for some cheaper card like the 5700

Some of you may seen this, but its relevent:

nvidia.jpg

yeah and the only difference between ultra and GT is the clock speeds. Once you bump the GT to 400/1100 then you have the exact same memory bandwidth, pixel fill rate, and texture fill rate.....the only thing that holds the GT back, is the fact it doesnt have that extra power connector which can make the card more stable.

Some people have modded two sets of wires into one molex connector and plugged that into the GT, I think it's gotten mixed results though as far as it giving more power and helping for stability

It all depends on your outlook of asus. Nubius hates asus, but I have never run into someone who hates asus other than him. I wouldnt leave outthe asus, but thats just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom