"Disk structure is corrupted and unreadable"

Status
Not open for further replies.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Baseband Member
MY DISK DRIVE SUDDENLY STOP WORKING IT WAS WORKING FINE, THEN SUDDENLY WHEN I BOOTEED UP, I TRIED TO SAVE A FILE TO THE E: DRIVE AND IT SAID "DISK STRUCTURE IS CORRUPTED AND UNREADABLE". BASTAREDS!!!! IVE DONE NOTHING!!! I TRIED SEARCHING GOOGLE PLENTY OF PEOPLE WITH SAME PROBLEMS BUT NO ANSWERS!!!! EXCEPT FOR SOME GUY WHO HAD JUST INSTALLED HIS DRIVE AND SOMETHING TO DO WITH WIRES. NO HELP.

THANK YOU FOR HELPING!!!

Is this a hard drive? I think you need to reformat it unfortunately. Back up all your data soon though in case it gets worse.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII - do you ever find it a ***** getting the right number of I's when you enter your username to log in?

unfortunately I cant help you with your question though as i have never had this problem. Can you still boot?
if not you could try chucking it into another machine and see if you can recover anything that way or try recovering with your windows disks.

A quick google revealed that a lot of people have this problem with CD/DVD drives, so you may well find your data is still safely on the disk - it may be a case of updating various drivers, which i apprechiate is going to be a bit tricky if you cannot boot

drive E is my cd burner lol so i was being stupid and thought that is what he was talking about i was like get another cd sheesh man. what kind of hard drive.. well idc bout that lol how old is it in other words..
u said the drive was working before right? as always with hard ware do a windows update. also open ur device manager and see if there is anything next to the drive (exclamation or something)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom