Is Hell is freezing over??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chankama

Fully Optimized
I thought I've never ever say this. But *gasp*, is this actually a good deal?.. Is it possible to make this same computer using newegg parts for cheaper?? :amazed:

DimensionTM 3000 Desktop

As shitty as the box might be, the bloody thing actually has a 17" monitor AND Windows XP... For $329! :confused:

But it's a Dell, and just think it's gonna be 2 to 3 times slower than what it's rated at.

Granted, it "will" run slow. But still man. Can you make a computer for that price.. :eek:. lol

Damn. I think I am gonna go get a cup of coffee, before I say anything else good about Dell. Damn it!..

Dude it's a Dell! Crappiest systems available, probably my 1300 MHz Celeron could beat a 3.2 GHz EE in benchmarks, the ones that are made by DELL. DELL go to Hell!

What's the cheapest you can buy a 17" and Windows XP for as an average consumer? It'll probably cost around $190-$200. That leaves $135 max for everything else.

CPU, RAM, HDD, CD ROM, Mobo, etc.

How much do u think the CPU alone costs as shitty it might be?.. err. $20?.. Nope. It'll set u back around $80 at least - with the same specs.

desiboi said:
Dude it's a Dell! Crappiest systems available, probably my 1300 MHz Celeron could beat a 3.2 GHz EE in benchmarks, the ones that are made by DELL. DELL go to Hell!

:).. I wouldn't offer that bet man, if I were u :p. lol

This piece of shit actually runs at 2.8 GHz actually. 533 FSB, and 256 MB of RAM. And has XP and a 17" monitor. I just don't think it's possible to make it cheaper than these guys. I never claimed it was a "good" computer. Just said that it's difficult to make this for cheaper other than by using used parts.. :eek:

Remeber dell XP only includes 2 activations. Retail or OEM is unlimited unless microsoft investigates

Those 2.8GHz CPUs are really cheap everywhere else, too.

Does it say what speed of RAM? It could be PC2100 with bad latencies.

The mobo is probably Dell proprietary....I wont even start.

The HDD probably has a 2MB buffer.

CD ROMs are super cheap anyways.

Plus Dell has got to have a really good deal with M$ to get Windows for cheap.

Also, Dells (and HPs, etc) come with Adware preinstalled, therefore lowering the price even more. I would avoid it just because of the adware that comes bundled with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom