• Dell DJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • any other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Western Digital are really high in performance, but a bit too loud, and they end up getting screwed up after 2-3 years. MAxtor live for a really long time, very quiet, but low performance. Hitachi are very good too, they are built like tanks! I don't know much about the others. There's another one that you listed, Fujistu or something like that. That was my first hard drive, 6.02 GB, I had it for about three years. It ran HORRIBLE!! It was so slow, 55RPM! YEAH!! NOT 5500, 55 RPM!! ALso, the board under it, the chips blow up pretty quickly.

Seagate gets my vote b/c of the reliability. Some of the other brands might have faster "seek" times and thus "slightly" faster performance. But, I think the reliability more than makes up for it. WD is supposed to be great too - but for their high end drives like the Raptor. Haven't heard as many good things re: their 7200's compared to Seagate.

My old PC has a Maxtor in it. It is VERY quiet but a tad on the slow slide. My current PC has a Western Digital and is VERY noisey and not as fast as i'd have hopped but still faster than the Maxtor..

I've been very pleased with my new Hitachi SATA drive, and I've been pretty happy with my Enhanced IDE Western Digital which is about.... 3 years old I would say. I dont know what is so good about the Raptor considering it costs three times as much and doesn't have hardly any storage.

desiboi said:
Western Digital are really high in performance, but a bit too loud, and they end up getting screwed up after 2-3 years. MAxtor live for a really long time, very quiet, but low performance. Hitachi are very good too, they are built like tanks! I don't know much about the others. There's another one that you listed, Fujistu or something like that. That was my first hard drive, 6.02 GB, I had it for about three years. It ran HORRIBLE!! It was so slow, 55RPM! YEAH!! NOT 5500, 55 RPM!! ALso, the board under it, the chips blow up pretty quickly.

#1: Their were not 55 RPM hard drives while we were alive

#2: Maxtor is fast and unreliable, not slow and reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom