Please help, getting crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, I must say hardware is more my thing, not programming. The only other thing I can think of is check yoru ram see if it is alright. Your said that this is a new thing happening. What has changed with you comp. Also what are some of your specs, IE, your mobo, your ram, chip, etc...

well, about a month ago, my sound card popped out of my slot because i moved the computer While it was on, causing everything to go fubar on me, my bios crashed, my comp didnt even boot, so what i ended up doing was giving it to the guy who made my comp for me, and he ended up having to put a new hard w/latest bios so it can work again, and now what i have is a HDS 80 gig hd w/ 3meg buffer, but thats all that was new.. the only other thing I installed before that was my vid card, from a 64 mb gf2 ti, to a gf4 ti 4400 128mb, but i doubt its a vidcard overheat..

And just as a test, i let my computer sit idely for about 5 hours now, and just now I started using it and not seeing any problems. My MBM reads a stable 51c temperature, same as it was when i first turned it on this morning, so im kind of leaning to the fact that it might be an overheat problem maybe?

Well, i found a temporary fix, a fix that is above average in the bootlegged department but it works sofar, lol.. I have been running my computer with massive cpu usage and i maintain my cpu temperate at 48c.. what i did was move my computer right next to my window and turn my house fan on from the back, didnt require me to open my comp since i dont like doing that when its on, and i went from a 58c temp to 48 while having alot of programs running, i hope this is the solution, as i have been overhauling my comp for about an hour now without any freez ups..

just a small update, i have been running ym computer under much cpu usage and mainting a 47c temperature without any frezzes, so i guess i fixed the problem untill i can get a water cooling system or such.

sorry i have not written back sooner. Yes with a temp of 58C that it just at cascade, where your comp will start to fail. I did not think that it was going up that high under load. Usually there is only a small jump like I said earlier. Seems that your went past what I thought it would, sorry i could not help you out more, hope all goes well for you.

No problem man, I appreciate all your replies and intent to help me, It is great to know that i can come to these boards and recieve constructive feedback. Thanks again mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom