Dual-Boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sport1031

Daemon Poster
How would I go about dual-booting XP and Linux. I want to install XP on one hard drive and Linux from the other. Can I just install them seperatly on the seperate drives, or is there more that I have to do.

I have a 120GB SATA and a 40GB IDE.

First Install XP on the 120 GIG. Then install Linux on the other. I got mandrake Linux, the setup, need 3 700MB CDs. Yeah, it's possible.

That's it? I don't need a multi-boot loader or anything? It will just let me pick which OS I want after just that?

I used Fedora Core 2 dual booted with Windows, and the boot loader that came with Linux detected Windows just fine and would let me boot into either OS without any problem.

You can also use Partition Magic. It makes installation of a second OS a snap. When you boot up it will let you select which OS to load.

yeah , use ParitionMagic, I have it, it helped me loads of times, but why do they put their convert button by the format? lol. I accidently formatted, instead of converting once.

Linux will install it's own bootloader as long as you install it after Windows, it should detect any other OS on any hard drive. I have 5 operating systems and it works fine.

m3trj said:
Linux will install it's own bootloader as long as you install it after Windows, it should detect any other OS on any hard drive. I have 5 operating systems and it works fine.

5 OS's !!!! Geez, not sure what you want are you?

m3trj said:

yep linux comes with a fine boot loader.

no need for partition magic,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom