Print Spooler keeps failing

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know it's very possible that the problem, although only specified to apply to Win2k pro and the server might be the effect of the machine, even XP pro SP2.
Have you looked at the configureation on the printers from the server to make sure that they are not using the RAW print mode and that they are set to print without spooling? This is something that we have had to change on a few printers due to the local print spooler acting up if we don't. Believe it or not, but the local machine does have to spool the document befor it gets to the server, but only for a second...
Good luck to you.

Found it. Every time the print spooler stopped the cpu usage spiked a couple of times. In task manager I ordered the processes by cpu usage, started the print spooler and waited for the spikes.

I found that a process called "client32.exe" was responsible. I ended the process and the print spooler remained started. I then went to msconfig found the client32 entry in startup (well it was in services) and disabled it. A quick reboot later and all is now well.

Thanks to those who helped out on this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom