Netmeeting Admin Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

holycow90

Beta member
I would like to setup netmeeting for remote desktop sharing on multiple clients. However these clients have admin rights on the machines (which is not going to change). Is it possible to only allow local administrator access to control a remote users desktop as oppose to any user with admin rights to control a machine. I do not want them calling another machine with RDS running and controlling it - just a specific user that they will not know the password of.

Thanks

Your talking Remote desktop sharing, which only allows 1 active connection at a time. so do the users have local admin rights or network admin rights? There are groups that you can put people in so that they can remote into a machine even if they are not admins.
as to what you want, I'm not sure I understand. Can you explain a bit please?
do not want them calling another machine with RDS running and controlling it - just a specific user that they will not know the password of.

Yeah - sorry should have been more clear. I am talking about Netmeeting's remote dektop sharing in Windows 2000 (not XP). Netmeeting comes with 2000 preinstalled (you just have to enable the remote desktop service). Normally in my old jobs, everyone was not an administrator on the network but normal users. However at my job currently everyone is a local administrator (they have the right to install whatever they want - they are not domain admins though). So all you need to access a shared desktop with netmeeting (atleast my understanding) is local admin rights to that machine. So when you connect all you have to do is type in your normal password that you would log into your computer with. I am trying to limit netmeeting and only allow 1 group (the IS group) access, rather than everyone in the company.

THanks,
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom