Socket A --> Socket 754 --> Socket 939

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just get PC3200 Ram at a later date. The CPU will still be a massive increase in performance compared to my current setup (even if i still do use the old RAM) surely?

Also, my full current spec:

AMD XP 2800 @ 2080ghz
1024mb PC 2700 RAM
80gb HD
128mb 6800 GT
2.0mb internet connection

It wont be a massive increase. But it will be alot better, if you had PC3200, then your system would be alot faster. These socket 939 processors work really fast with dual channel RAM running on PC3200.

yes it will still be way better than your current setup even with 2700, but 3200 at a later date is good idea :)
+ remember, you'll have 64 bit processing! :) .... sort of :p

also remember, there are no stupid questions, just stupid people :)

Imagine that you have a highway with two lanes but, you can go to 80MPH. That would be the Socket A. And, imagine that you have another highway with four lanes but, you can also only go to 80MPH. That would be the Socket 754. And now, imagine that you have ANOTHER highway with EIGHT lanes but, you can also only go to 80MPH. That would be the Socket 939. Understand :p?

GageMW said:
yes it will still be way better than your current setup even with 2700, but 3200 at a later date is good idea :)
+ remember, you'll have 64 bit processing! :) .... sort of :p

also remember, there are no stupid questions, just stupid people :)

and how come it would be 'sort of' ? Surely a 64bit CPU proccesses at 64 bit despite what RAM the system has?

He means sort of in the sense that the 64 bit capabilities are there, but they are at a handicap considering the lack of 64 bit enviroments...

despite your ram its gonna be a good upgrade. im gonna get a 3200+ 754 later on and its gonna be alot better than my 2600+. idc if its not upgradeable cause i will get 939 later.

lies.

you can use a different OS, windows XP 64 ed. and longhorn, when it comes out, whereas people with 32bit CPU's will be stuck with standard OS's we have now.

wait i don't fully understand. So, once i upgrade i can carry on using Win Xp and SP2? or will i need a new OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom