Win2003 server and internet connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

zillah

In Runtime
I have got win2003 server installed on my laptop Dell Latitude D600 (Pentium M), I have got two NICs, built-in NIC card (Broadcom 570x Gigabit Integrated Controller), and wireless Dual Band 1450 (I did not use the wireless, I disabled the Radio for it), I tried to connect (Broadcom 570x) to internet via our LAN at my office, It did not work,

1- I thought the problem with cable, I have changed the cable, still the same problem.

2- I have changed port , still the same problem (My Colleague can access internet without any problem, i.e. there was no problem with our LAN).

3- I can see my NIC in device manager, It was working before without any problem.

4- I uninstalled driver for the NIC card, and installed again, still same problem.

5- This is the result of ipconfig:

Microsoft Windows [Version 5.2.3790]
(C) Copyright 1985-2003 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter WLAN 1450 Dual Band:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Ethernet adapter Broadcom 570x Gigabit Integrated:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Autoconfiguration IP Address. . . : 169.254.129.230
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Note: Just to eliminate the possibility of the problem
From the device manager I tried to uninstall the NIC card, and it has been uninstalled successfully, but when I restarted the PC , it has been recognized again by default, how can I installed completely, without being recognized by PC again?

First I know this is a little of a simple question but did you actually enable the NIC.2k3 by default of a install has just about has everything disabled.

I know there is some problems with NIC drivers and 2k3 did you go to Broadcom's site and download the drivers for 2k3 server.I have ran into a problem berfore with Dell's drivers and had to go to the NIC maker and get the right driver.

Thanks for your advice.

The point is that :

First :

I was able to use this NIC before without any problem.

Second :

I went to the website for Dell Latitude D600, I could not find a driver for win2003 server.

Could you please look to :
This

Could you please comment ?

Very strange, I have just tried to do a test to the laptop , I plugged tha cable again (after 5 hours from my first early post), now it works fine!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there any reason for that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom