celeron to pentium 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonofasa

Beta member
im going to buy a computer with a celeron 2.66GHz in it and it fits all the requirements for the games it will be used on apart from the processor name will that stop you from playing the games? :) thanx

Most games arnt too cpu independant and should run if it has a decent GPU. But since Celerons are a budget chip, it probly wont have a high end GPU.

Wayne

yeh, i have a celly, and its ok, just dont expect to play games like CSS with bots ;) coz it really takes a hit on performance, i dropped down to 20fps when i had 4 expert bots, from about 50-60fps without bots. so im really looking forward to my upgrade :)

Raekwon said:
yeh, i have a celly, and its ok, just dont expect to play games like CSS with bots ;) coz it really takes a hit on performance, i dropped down to 20fps when i had 4 expert bots, from about 50-60fps without bots. so im really looking forward to my upgrade :)

Crap I was running 20 bots lagless on a server on my laptop with an AMD 2000+ and 256 meg of ram

sorta puts things into perspective doesnt it ;)

i have a gig of ram, so its not a memory issue.

Does that 2.6c chip have a 400 or 533 fsb. The L2 cache on it is probably 256k. It shouldn't be a bad chip at all IMO although i wouldn't use it ;)

If you can help it then don't buy a Celeron. You can pick up a good custom AMD 64 or P4 for about $300.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom