Paint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehe, I really wanna do all the modding for this machine myself just because it'd be a better feeling knowing that I could look at and just be thinking how it was all done by me, plus there's the bragging rights. :D

Yep, I'm gonna be sanding it down, then applying the primer, then a couple layers of paint for the base colour, and then working out all the little details. Nice finish is certainly what I have in mind as I want this thing to SHINE. :D

I'll just say now that my case will have a very coooool theme to it. ;)

Gaara - At pimprig when you start out your title is 'tech hoe newbie' and every persons title has the word 'hoe' in it lol. My friend goes by 'liquid destroyer' when he plays at LANs and has one of his WC PC's that's named that, and his custom user title is
"Liquid Destroy-hoe-er" lol.....at 1,000 posts they give you that custom title......right now I'm a technohoe maniac at near 100 lol.

so yeah Hoe would be appropriate haha

Trotter said:
Spring for all of it, though... primer, paint (multiple coats), and clear coat (multiple coats). It would take longer that what you'd do at home, but the end result would be really sharp.

Just think about how a case would look with a chameleon finish...

If you found the right shop they might do it for you cheap,But most would ask you what your smoking and send you on your way,And that chameleon paint can cost LOT'S of money:(

charles_scott said:
is that the paint that changes colors depending on the light? if so then its very very VERY expensive shit around here....

Yep that's it,You can get the spray can's and do it your self but it won't look that good,I know some of that paint from House of Color can cost up to 4 thousand for a little can :eek:

Yea, here we just use that paint for special effects on our cars, like a skull or eagle on the hood of our car or flames on the sides.... not cheap......

how exactly do you paint it to get the 'chameleon' effect, I would like to do something like that on my case

one thing standing in my way of modding my case, is it's an expensive case to mod (a Lian-Li PC-V1000)

apokalipse said:
how exactly do you paint it to get the 'chameleon' effect, I would like to do something like that on my case

The easiest way is to go and get the spray bomb kit,I think it has 2 or 3 can's in it and just follow the direction's :)

I believe the paint they are referring to is that particular 'chameleon' like paint itself where in different light it shines different colors.

The paint i was talking about is just normal paint with special metal properties in it, and there differnt colors. The particles are so small you dont realy notice them and they pass right thru the sprayer....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom