AMD FSB for OC'ing

Status
Not open for further replies.

grego

In Runtime
With the newer amd chips that have the fsb integrated into the chip, how does this affect overclocking? Can the multiplier and fsb be tweaked in the same way as older chips with more convential fsb?

Also, my original question, how does the low fsb of ram interact with these 2.2ghz+ bus speeds? I've heard it's effective to run ram and cpu at a 1:1 bus ratio, but that seems completely out of the question.

Thanks for any answers!

doesn't affect anything (the new amd64's, that is)

running 1:1 is more efficient because cpu htt=ram fsb, which makes the cpu faster + allowing more bandwidth

aright............what?

2.2GHz bus speed doesn't even make sense.

When you see a board that says 2000HTT it's because it starts off with the CPU's htt speed of 200 (which is DDR400 PC3200 RAM speeds so there's your 1:1 right there) then it has a link speed multiplier which for a 2000HTT board it's 5 so 200x5 = 1000 and because of the 64 architecture it's 1000x2 = 2000

The aspect is the same.....raise the CPU beyond 200 and with good RAM raise it with it and have fun

Hmm...I'm trying to make sense of this here...

What does it mean when I see, for example on the 3500+, that the fsb is "integrated into the chip"?

Also, you don't HAVE to oc ram to match the cpu fsb do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom