• 35 - 40

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40+ (Post how many)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
Did you just completely ignore my post or what?

Both OCZ and PQI are listed there and as I said are the top OC'ers, those are for 1gb so for that cheaper range just get 2x256 then.

TwinMOS has 1gb for $108 and can OC like beasts, but again it will require generaly 3.2+v dimm to get them nice and high

dude, i value your posts the most! i forgot to check what brands you listed. plus, they were 1gb stick prices so those prices didn't pertain to the new question so i kinda disregarded them (which i apparently shouldn't have). i'm definitely not trying to waste anyone's time. the real question i have is that there are so many different types of OC'ing RAM. I mean, the cheapest Corsair XMS RAM is $133 but it goes all the way up to $280 or so and the only difference is the timings. how do i pick out good OC'ing RAM based on timings?

i should gettin twinmos and they are a really good brand. never heard of them before till like a couple of months ago and ive only heard great reviews.

i should gettin twinmos and they are a really good brand. never heard of them before till like a couple of months ago and ive only heard great reviews.
That's cause I've been whoring around their name recently ;)

$108 for a gig last time I checked at newegg. They OC quite nicely but as I said in another post they require a good amount of voltage to do so. That's because a lot of times they ship with BH-5's

ok this is my last and final post concerning which RAM to buy. I check out the 5 top brands and selected the most expensive memory I could afford of each brand. Out of the memory listed at the following URLs, which would overclock best and give me the best performance?

PQI

OCZ

Corsair XMS

Mushkin

TwinMOS

I'm thinking the TwinMOS is the worst of the 5 but all the other 4 I think are probably really close. Nubius, can ya help me just one last time on this issue!?!?

Actually out of that groupo TwinMOS would be the best OC'er, BUT, you gotta keep in mind it requires a lot of voltage. Those ones you have above are good oc'ers (except for corsair, I dont think they are very good for really high OCs) but you need the high performance modules for a good OC dude.......

Either save up your money until you can get 1gb of 2-2-2-5 timed PQI, OCZ, or Patriot RAM, or get 2x256 2-2-2-5 so that you can obtain high OC's.......all those can generally get DDR500 and beyond quite easily once you know what you're doing.

yea nubius its cause of you that i was turned on to twinmos. Yea i might get it lol, the twinmos value. but anyways, that corsair can actually take quite a beating of OCing. iv seen it in action and it worx pretty good for OC. i think G.Skill and OCZ rev2 would do better though

Yeah corsair CAN overclock and whatnot, but honestly, in all the world record holders and otherwise beastly OC's you'll never see corsair in those ranks, it's always G.Skills, or OCZ Platinum Rev 2's for the most part.

Patriot is damn good though and cheaper than the previously 2 mentioned...I just need an AMD64 system to really make em shine.

Make sure you put enough volts through them twinmos PP it's the only way to make the OC good.....also with 3+ dimm volts I'd suggest a fan over them ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom