build a system around my memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glennl

Baseband Member
i got 2 sticks of pc100 ram for a total of 512mb. bought them for my old dell dimension BEFORE i realized how picky those old rigs are about what kind of ram you use in them. anyway, got it on ebay so i can't just return. since i was thinking of building a budget system, should i build one around my memory?

if i do, how do i find out what kind of mobo's and other essentials work with PC100 ram? it seems like you pick a mobo first usually THEN find out what kind of ram it takes. any easy way to find mobo's based on what memory you want to use?

Naaahhhh PC100? No way. Go on NewEgg, get some reliable case under 20 dollars, a MSi mobo, with AGP.

Yeah, lol. Get an AMD system, with 512 DDR333 [depends on your budget], a decent video card.

I love how people pitch new systems to everyone. Guy just wants a piece of shit.. you should help him with is POS.

I would strongly reccommend not using PC100 RAM, but if you must, go on Ebay and get a Pentium 2 or 3 CPU/Motherboard or PC. There are plenty available. Then find an ATX case, PSU, and whatever else you want. You should have known that Dell uses proprietary RAMBUS memory and will not work with any RAM available in stores.

desiboi said:
Yeah, lol. Get an AMD system, with 512 DDR333 [depends on your budget], a decent video card.

wtf?? now taht's dumb

ddr400 is newer and cheaper, why the hell are you suggesting him crappy.more expensive ram

desiboi said:
Oh, sorry diablo, never knew. I thought DDR333 was cheaper.

Thats why you dont say stuff without making sure you're not full of it first =p

Un-educated comments are how/why people end up buying intel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom