computer tower and airport xrays

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be more worried about it getting damaged during shipping. I ship out maybe 20-30 systems a week, a great majority of them get damaged. Our systems are all double boxed and use sealed expanding foam to insulate the 2 boxes. Using anything less is suicide. X-rays themselves will not hurt your pc, the only electromagnetic field that is generated is the electricity running through the bulb. An "x-ray" is a tube just like any other lightbulb, the only difference is that it emits on a higher frequency than visible light. You should be fine taking it on the airplane, but as chris said they now ask you to power on electronics. You'd have to lug a monitor with you lol. Maybe seeing the fans spin up would be enough for them? Call TSA ahead of time and explain your situation.

I once wore a t-shirt that said "all your oil are belong to us" from louisville international, lay over in atlanta to corpus christi... I turned heads the whole way.. I think i even freaked out the newly wed couple sitting next to me.

EDIT:

xrays will affect magnetic tape though due to the nature of the tape itself. Not all tape is affected though.

Why dont someone call an airport post our question and report back, and also ask about a removable HDD because i have one problem with that, i would have no way of powering it up rofl.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom