x850xt in a shuttle...???!

Status
Not open for further replies.
beedubaya said:
I agree with the guys above. For one thing, you don't have good cooling and ventilation in a Shuttle system. They aren't meant for power gaming PCs, but more for saving space. The X800 series runs hotter than about any series of cards out right now. My X800 Pro gets 80*C on a regular basis, and I have 7 fans cooling my case.

Secondly, shuttles use micro ATX motherboards, and Micro ATX power supplies don't put out the power that you need for an X800XT.

80C!!!! What? Dude, you need to visit the Arctic-cooling.com website and buy yourself an ATI Silencer. I've got a RIG with a X800XT PE it's OC'd to 560/600 and I have a ATI Silencer 4 with AS5 on core and all 8 rams. The hottest i've ever monitored my GPU @ during hours of gameplay was 58C. Idle it's cool between 38-42C. Mostly load temps are 50-55C.

Your GPU is running way too hot. Wipe out a fryin' pan a dozen eggs, i'll bring the O.J and the bacon!!!

the highest my X850 XT has run is about 50, and thats only when i OCed my comp to 2.6ghz. That is definitly HOT.

If you're only using 1 hd and cdrom you could prolly squeeze a 6600 or an x800 in there.. If you're using 2 hds i'd cut it back to a fx5200 or 5700 maybe.

X850s run very cool. Nvidia cards are beastly and run HOT and devour a lot of power. At the same time, i dont think you should put an X800/X850 in the shuttle case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom