Please help, getting crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxdryicexx

In Runtime
Hey guys, I can really use some help from you guys that know what your doing..

I have been recently getting these random crashes when I use heavy processing programs such as games, or multitasking, etc.. I never had this before, ever.. I would run games while doing homework and listening to mp3's and my computer would hold up NP.. Now, i dunno what the problem is.. and when I do crash its not a blue screen or a automatic restart like ram flushes usually do, it just stalls, if im playing a song the song will stall in that same spot, cant move mouse, cant alt.ctrl.del, nothing.. I am forced to restart my computer, and when I try to start it up again right away ti doesnt even do a ram count boot! I would have to wait 10 minutes for it to boot..

So i kind of figured this would be an overheating problem, I check my ram chips, checked my agp/pci chips, everything was screwed in correctly and tightly, my fan is working fine, have 2 fans, 2 of em on mobo 1 on vid card.. both are working correctly..

out of desperation I even put my computer closer to my window to see if it would overheat that quickly, lol..

Can anyone please help me? I woudl really appreciate it..

By the way, my specs are: 1.5ghz amd 1800+, 512 ddr ram, gf4 ti 4400 128 mb, running on a winxp build 2600 os..

By the way

For more info on my computer:

system temp is 29c/84f
cpu temp 51c/123f
cpu fan speed is 4440 rpm on avrg.

FSB clock is 133
ratio is 4:2:1

voltages are:
Core 1.750
I/O 3.50
DDR 2.55

Is this ok? the cpu and system temps are kind of high I think though?

Is your cpu temp at load or idle. I ask because, if it is at idle, then your temp is going up about another 4-5c when under load. That could cause your system to freeze.

best way is see what is says after the comp has been running few minutes, not running any programs, that is idle temp. Then as much as I hate to say this, run your comp till it freezes. restart it go in you bios and check the temp. That is under load. good luck.

Ahh, well the cpu temp at 50celcius was its idle temp.. it normaly drops 1 temp or goes up 1-2.. but i keep having to check in the bios, there for i cannot directly tell if im running a program. are there any sensor programs other then MbM which tells me my cpu temp? because mbm doesn't seem to be telling me.

Well if 50c is your temp at idle you can expect about 4-5c up under load. So it would seem that you cpu is not overheating, just a bit higher that I would normally like to see on my cpu. Mine runs at 38c idle 42c load. There are program that tell you while still in windows, there are just not very good. They have a tendency to show you a lower temp than bios does, so trust the bios I say.
As to your problem with freezing, it does not really seem a overheating problem. Is there some program in the background that is hogging up your resources?

When the freezes occur I am running 3 programs all together.. a game, mcafee virus scanner set on auto detet, and sygate (firewall)

What I meant about in the background is something you do not see running, but is hogging up your ram. do a crtl-alt-del, and see waht programs are runnning.

Nope just those 3 that i mentioned.. although in processes there are a bunch of files, but those are necessary files i believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom